The Liebster award is something which I’ve been seeing more and more of on the internet lately, and I thought it was a lovely idea. Basically, it’s an award for lesser-known blogs and also an opportunity to promote them! Win-win!
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and post their link in this post
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about one of your favourite blogs that is not your own
- Post 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and provide links to them in your post
- Answer 10 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
I was nominated by the lovely Lauren of L’Esprit de Lauren, another linguist about to head to France for her Year abroad. So thank you Lauren, not only for the award but for letting me know that other people are actually reading what I write! Sometimes it’s hard to find the motivation to write a new blog post, as I always think “who will actually read this?” or “will people think I’m trying to brag?”, so knowing I have even the tiniest of audiences has been a huge confidence boost!
One of my favourite blogs, and the blog that motivated me to choose Mexico for my Year Abroad was Notas Lejanas, which is Lidia’s account of year amazing year abroad. She’s now back at Oxford, probably very busy, but I want to thank her for her great writing and regular posts during her time in Mexico, as it really did inspire me to follow in her footsteps! Her travel writing was especially helpful, not only entertaining but also full of genuinely useful information for people like me who were planning similar trips.
Another few blogs I really like are (these are also my nominees hehehe aswell as Notas Lejanas):
- Northern Lauren (a different Lauren haha – common theme?). I follow her as she’s also living in Mexico City, so a lot of her posts are very relatable! She’s also a regular poster, which I always like #keenbean
- What Katie is Doing , this is written by me friend Katie, who spent her YA in Brazil but is now living in Colima, Mexico. I found her travel blogs really helpful when I was preparing for my YA, so thanks Katie!
- Brutally Honest Year Abroad – I really like the idea of my friend Katie’s blog. She’s on her YA in Germany and is making an effort to tell the good and the bad, which is really brave and amazing!
- To the (not so) Spanish Shores – I love reading Rhona’s adventures in Spain. Like Katie, she talks about the good and the bad, which is super refreshing.
- Ein Jahr in Koln – I love reading Izzy’s adventures, because, well she’s one of my best friends and Cologne is amazing!!
10 random facts about myself (isn’t this everyone’s worst fear in ice-breaker games #heregoesnothing)
- I absolutely hate melon.
- I tried to learn Korean one summer, I’ve forgotten it all now except some characters.
- I can touch my left ear with my left arm going around the back of my neck (hard to describe, always a crowd-pleaser)
- I count stairs when I climb them (can’t help it, it’s automatic)
- I play squash (running out of ideas now)
- I’m a pretty good baker
- Every Christmas I bake over 500 Austrian biscuits
- I recently learnt to crochet and made a bikini top – still to be tested!
- I have the worst singing voice known to mankind.
- I’m a bit of a hoarder (you never know…)
Questions from Lauren
- How did you decide on your blog name?
-It was tough. I tried to be creative, but most good names were already taken so I had to settle on Hola Aventura (the url wasn’t available though, hence my boring one).
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
–Bali. I know, it’s a cliché, but I have some family there and think I should make the most of that to go visit!
- What comforts you when you need it the most?
–Food. Desserts. Anything with chocolate.
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?
–I bought a mango. Turned out to be a papaya. I didn’t know the difference.
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
–Teacher (didn’t we all at some point?)
- If you could choose a celebrity to be president / prime minister, who would it be?
–Emma Watson. Smart, feminist and young. What more could you want?
- Post a link to a Pinterest recipe / craft / idea that you’d love to try out.
–I want to up my crochet game.
- You have to choose two pairs of shoes to keep forever, and the rest to be burned. Which do you save?
-My trainers and my flip flops #alloccasions
- What’s your biggest pet hate?
–People getting my name wrong, or telling ME that I’M getting my name wrong.
- What’s the most important thing you learned in 2016?
–People are stupid.
Questions for my nominees!
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- What is your dream job?
- What was your scariest travel experience?
- If you had to live in another country forever, which would it be?
- Beach escape or city break?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What film has stuck with you the most?
- If you had to get a tattoo, what/where would it be and why?
- Would you rather be loved by someone but not love them back, or be really in love with someone but they don’t love you back?
- If you could travel back in time 5 years and then re-live your life from that point, would you do it?